Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Fall!!!

Hey today is the first day of Autumn. Can you believe it? I'm for one am psyched. I'm looking forward to spending more time indoors and just snuggling up. I've started putting up my fall decorations. So far the porch, half of the living room, and the foyer are done. I hung up my newly crafted broom on the front door and put out the doormat. Once I finish the living room and set up my wagon outside the front door those areas will be finished. I also hung up my newly purchased curtains at the patio door. Boy do they darken the room. I'm going to love laying across the sofa with just candles burning and dimmed lights, watching a movie, or listening to music or reading a book.

Sunday I took my nieces and nephews to a farm to pick apples. It was Johnny Appleseed Day. They had a blast. In addition to picking apples, there were lots of arts and crafts, games and a huge slide. The kids were good and tired by the day's end. Off to sleep they went almost immediately once they got into the car. One minute they were pumped talking about all they did, next minute -- silence. It was a nice drive home. Next month we're planning a trip the pumpkin patch.

No comments: