Monday, September 12, 2016

Sunday Football

Here in the USA, you know fall is coming when football season begins.  Everyone sporting their jersey's, t-shirts, and whatnot of their favorite team.  Tailgate parties going on all over town.  Just a lot of fun and making memories. It's really something special for us football fans.

Yesterday was the first game of the season for my Baltimore Ravens. You saw purple everywhere! (Oh, by the way, we won.) Folks were very excited to see the Ravens come back after last year's horrible season.  All of our best players were out with injuries from torn Achilles to fractured hips, to broken arms. It was a really bad time for us.  But it looks like things are getting back to normal.  All of our injured guys were back and looking as healthy as ever.  And if they keep playing like they did Sunday, I'm pretty sure we will make the playoffs and possibly, dare I say it, the Super Bowl.

Every Sunday or Thursday, or Monday - whatever day our Ravens play - during football season, my friends and I get together to watch football.  It is so much fun watching the game with friends.  Lots of laughter and screaming at the television, doing the Raven's chant every time they score a touchdown, "Oh, oh oh oh, oh oh."  Not to mention the enjoying a refreshing beverage and eating yummy dishes each person contributes. At the end of the evening, I usually have no voice.

Since it was such a lovely Sunday afternoon, we cranked up the grill. We had Italian sausages, hotdogs, hamburgers, fried chicken, bbq chicken, spareribs, tossed salad, macaroni salad, a few other dishes I can't seem to remember right now, and my Spicy Italian Crescent Ring.

It was easy to make and only took minutes to put together.  Here's how.

Ingredients
Salami
Prosciutto (The recipe called for capocollo but I couldn't find it)
Ham
Banana peppers
Red roasted peppers
Provolone cheese
2 cans of crescent rolls
Black pepper

Using a round pizza pan, I first unrolled each can of crescent rolls and laid them out in a circle. Be sure to lay the dough so that the wider ends are facing inward and the smaller ends are facing outward (Taking the shape of the sun). Then on the wider end I layered the roasted peppers, half slices of provolone cheese, salami, prosciutto, ham, banana peppers and topped it off with the other half slices of provolone cheese.  Like this:



Next just pull the ends of the crescents up over the deli meats and tucked them under. Finally sprinkle a little black pepper over the top and let bake in the oven for 22 minutes at 375 degrees.

And Voila!!!



My friends really enjoyed it.  I was even asked to make one for a housewarming party next month.

I found this dish on Facebook, but you can get the entire recipe here.


No comments: