Saturday, September 10, 2016

Getting Ready

It is Hot! Hot! Hot! out today and I have no plans to venture out whatsoever!

I spent my morning doing routine weekend house chores and once that was done I pulled out my tote of fall decorations.  I must say, sure isn't a lot in there lol. Good thing I hit the Dollar Tree earlier this week.



Originally, decorating wasn't to start until the end of the month, but I will be busy that weekend so up they go next week.  Plus I hear the weather will start to be more comfortable, in the 70's. Perfect for putting up decorations.

You may be wondering why that Christmas tree box is in the photo?  Well this year I'm doing something I've always wanted to do but never got around to doing it.  Decorating a tree for fall.  I first saw the idea on an old HGTV show called Room by Room.  That was one of my favorite programs.  I especially loved their fall and Christmas shows.  So many cute-cute ideas.  I really miss Matt and Shari, sigh!

Then recently I saw several on Pinterest.  I told myself that this year I was putting up an autumn tree.  Matter of fact, I'm putting up two.  A 6ft tree in the dining room and a small 2ft table-top is going in the living room.  Then when it's time to decorate for Christmas, tree is already in position. Just need to switch out the decorations lol.

I guess that's it for today. Next time I post, it will be the results of my labor.

No comments: