Monday, August 25, 2008

A Wonderful Surprise!

Today when I arrived to work a co-worker surprised me with a wonderful gift. It was the "Harvest" sign that I had seen in Walmart but the colors are darker than the ones I saw. The ones I saw were lighter which I didn't like. I was soooo happy. She said she immediately thought of me when she saw it and picked it up for me. She was telling her husband that she knew that I would be soon getting ready to decorate for fall. I told her she was right.

I spent half of Sunday doing inventory of my fall decorations and making plans to start cleaning. Isn't it cute. It's going to go on one of my floating shelves with some fall garland and pumpkins. I'm very happy (doing the happy dance). Now I need to find another sign for the other shelf or maybe I'll display something different. Yea. I think I will display something different.

With the HGP countdown starting August 31st, I've decided to work on my fall craft projects this week. The HGP will have me busy and I know I won't have time to work on them. Besides I need them ready when I start to decorate. I would have started this past weekend but I found myself down in Ocean City, Maryland again with friends. Anyway the crafts I hope to get done:
  1. A fall broom swag (Dollar Tree had instruction sheets on how to make one).
  2. 4 small fall grapevine wreaths for the bedroom windows.
  3. A large fall grapevine wreath for the office.
  4. Fall acrylic post-it note holder (Will make one for Halloween while I'm at it to give to my BFF).
  5. Twig and grass arrangement.
All the supplies needed for these projects I picked up at the dollar store. Talk about savings.

No comments: