Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fun Activities

Last week I visited a few websites of places in my area to see what kind of activities they have planned for the fall season. One place I love to go - Webber's Farm - has things going on from September through November. I don't have kids so I love to spend time with my nieces and nephews. We'll go pick apples, take them home to make candied apples and baked sliced apples. I may even try to bake an apple pie (LOL). They have a maze made out of hay that the kids will love to run through along with wall climbing, a huge hill slide, wagon rides and lots more fun stuff. Maybe too, we will make a scarecrow.

Another favorite place I like to visit is Valley View Farms. In September they will feature a Dept. 56 Halloween event and in October it's painting pumpkins and decorating fun.

I know AC Moore and Michael's craft stores will have fun activities for myself as well as for the kids. I remember one year my cousin and I went to AC Moore to pick up ornaments to make a wreath for her front door. So happens they were teaching a bow making class. It was so fun. I learned how to use the "Bowdabbra" and purchased one for half price with the coupon they gave out after you took the class. Now I make all my bows.

The kids and I will visit the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore City where they will be celebrating their 25th Anniversary ZooBooo Halloween Fest.

These are just a few outdoor things I hope to do this season. I also have a few indoor activities planned too, for rainy days and such. We'll have movie nights and work on some crafts together.

No comments: