Friday, August 22, 2008

Ventures at Dollar Tree

I am a big, Big, BIG Dollar Tree shopper. I'm there several times a week and every Saturday and Sunday.

I found a new Dollar Tree yesterday and in it were some stuff that the other one's don't have. I bought a few black crows to give to my BFF. She and her husband go all out for Halloween and I put together a nice Halloween notebook which I gave to her as a Christmas gift last year. Anyway, a member over at MHH showed us a neat idea using twigs from outside, ribbon, black spray paint, moss, an inexpensive flower pot and crows. I've added this project and other great stuff in her notebook. At another Dollar Tree I found an orange clear plastic trick-or-treat bag that she can keep her notebook in.

Outside my front door my plans are to sit a small red wagon filled with fall leaves, pumpkins and a scarecrow. Well I found three free-standing scarecrows that will look great in the wagon. First I went to Walmart and they had a nice one for about $7 but I thought it would look awkward inside the wagon because it was about 3ft tall. Then I saw another one, great size and fit but was $20. Sunday I will go to Home Depot and get a small, thick piece of board to glue them to that way they'll stand in the wagon more sturdy. Oooh I'm getting excited thinking of how it will look.

I went to two other Dollar Trees before going home yesterday. I bought more fall garland, more fall scented candles, ribbon, clear plastic serving trays and bowls, and these cute little pumpkin baskets.

Now I'm thinking about going back to the newly found dollar tree to get more scarecrows for the office. My plans for the office is to cover the main door with fall color wrapping paper and hang a grapevine wreath. The scarecrows can sit on top of the file cabinet. I may get a few of those black crows too and some fake pumpkins. That $Tree also has the faux Indian corn. I can add those to my front door display as well. I have a huge board behind my desk that use to display an organizational chart. I will cover that with fall paper too and tape silk leaves all over with a large sign in the center that says "Fall Festival", and drape fall garland around the entire board. I may add orange lights - not sure yet. I also have this pumpkin floral arrangement which will sit on my desk.

1 comment:

BloggyMom said...

what wonderful finds!!