Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More Room Decorating Ideas

Well here are the plans for the balcony, livingroom and diningroom.

Balcony. If you look at the photo at the top of my blog, you see a glimpse of what it will look like. What you don't see are a set of candle chandeliers which hang from the roof line. (You can see them here) Also this year I plan to purchase or make chair cushions for the chairs and add a new fall welcome mat. During the fall I love to sit out on my balcony and watch the colors of the leaves, drinking hot chocolate.

Livingroom:
  • On the tv armoire will hang a grapevine fall wreath I made last year. On top of the armoire will be a fall floral basket of leaves and grapes.
  • On the coffee table will be an iron pumpkin shape candle holder with a fall candle ring. Next to that will be a basket of pine cones I got from the pine trees behind my apartment building.
  • I made another fall wreath last year which will sit around the table lamp on the book case
  • Change the candles in the wall sconces with fall tones.
  • I was going to add fall foliage to the pictures on my floating wall shelves like last year, but if I can find some of those wooden words (Harvest, Fall, etc.) at a reasonable price I will remove the photos and just have those on the shelf along with the foliage.
  • I want to replace the curtains at the patio door/windows. I've shopped around and the curtains I want are very expensive. My patio door/windows measure 14 ft wide by 9 ft tall. Then a few days ago it hit me, Buy two window scarves. They measure 216ft in length. I can cut them in half and sew up the end, giving me four panels and hang them from the rods. (The same thing I did with the ones hanging up now - duh!) Target has some pretty faux silk ones I like for about $35-$40. I really need five panels but what I can do is put a couple of coordinating sheer panels in the center. Problem solved.
  • Dress up toss pillows with new fabric.
  • Pull out heavy throws.
  • Add scented candles and a few fall arrangements everywhere.
I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and we were discussing all the family photos we have everywhere in our homes. I decided that I am going to buy several of those digital photo frames and add all my family photos to them - to get rid of some of the picture frames I've got displayed on nearly every surface a picture can be placed (LOL).

Diningroom

My diningroom will probably be dressed the same way it was last year. Here are a few pics from 2007.

2 comments:

BloggyMom said...

Oh, I love your table from last year-- very festive.

Cathy Miller said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to decorate for fall! The blog looks great!