Monday, August 11, 2008

Room by Room Decorating Ideas

As I stated in my first post, I've started planning to get my place in shape for fall. I have two areas already mapped out as to how they will be decorated.

Front Door Area: I just bought a red metal wagon from Michael's on sale for $15 but when the cashier rang it up, it was marked down again to $12. I'm going to cover my door with orange wrapping paper. I hope to find metallic orange or bronze paper (any suggestions?). Hang my two-in-one wreath I made last year on the door. Drape fall garland around door frame with orange lights. Next to the door will be my new wagon with fall fabric that will hang over wagon onto the floor. I'm going to add faux pumpkins, gourds, fall leaves inside and around the wagon. I saw a large carved pumpkin that says "Welcome Friends" at Walmart for $9 that I will pick up today to sit next to wagon. Inside the wagon amongst the smaller pumpkins and gourds will be a friendly scarecrow. Finally put out my fall welcome mat.

Foyer: I will have a pumpkin floral arrangement I made last year will sit on the small pedestal. I also have a console table which displays a few family photos. I plan to drape some fall garland among the photos and place two small hurricane candle holders at either end. Also on the table will sit a brass vase filled with dried wheat. I need to replace the area rug. It has seen better days.

1 comment:

Shakerwood said...

Aggy, I have the same wagon from Michael's. Right now it is on top of the entertainment center....empty. I though about some real plants but the air duct is right above it. Then I thought about some fake plants but I'm not real crazy about the fake ones. You're idea sounds great. Can't wait to see pictures.