Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

Well we finally got some rain. I for one am glad but unfortunately I'm stuck at work and am bored to death. On a day like today if I wasn't lying around watching movies I would be working on some crafts. I met my stepdad for lunch today (he and my mom live minutes away from my job). While we were eating I started thinking of what I could do to keep myself occupied once I got back to the office. Surprisingly it's a slow, quite day. That's probably because there are only a few courtrooms open today. Anyway once I got back to my desk, I started writing out some things.

This year I am having a few family members over for an Autumn breakfast. I've planned my menu and set the date. These are the invitations I will make for the occasion. It's pretty simple and I already have the supplies I will need to make them. Also this centerpiece will look lovely on the dining table. I plan to visit Michael's this weekend to get the supplies.

I recently went to the dollar store and picked up some clear plastic serving trays and bowls. They look like that heavy cut-glass you see in department stores. I also picked up a couple packages of clear plastic serving utensils (6 in a pack). I bought them specifically for Christmas but will also use them for the breakfast gathering. Well that's it for now. Time to write my guest list and shopping lists.

2 comments:

BloggyMom said...

I love the cards!!

Cathy Miller said...

Pretty centerpiece! I can't wait to see the finished product...be sure to post a picture! Good idea about keeping your camera with you at all times..you never know what might pop up and need to be photographed!!