Saturday, October 2, 2010

Had A Nice Day

Set the alarm clock to wake me at 5 a.m.  Guess what?  I didn't even hear the alarm go off this morning.  When I woke up it was nearly 8:30. 

Despite sleeping in late, my day has been fabulous.  It's a real autumn day here - lots of sunshine and cool temps.  I've been in my pj's all day.  I had the windows open for a while, while I did some cleaning: the bathroom, the kitchen, vacuuming, yada-yada-yada.  But then I had closed them as my little palace had gotten a little too cold.   I lit some candles and  turned on some smooth jazz.  Perfect!  I also spent some time chatting with friends at MHH. 

I took advantage of this cool day also to decorate outside my front door for fall.  I wanted to do something different from last year, but with things I already had so I surfed the internet for inspiration.  I came across this amazing website called Front Porch Ideas & More.  I was able to get a lot of ideas.  There were lots of really beautiful porches all done up for fall and Halloween.  Oh how I wish they were my porches. (Sighing)

Anyway, my front is almost done. I want to get a few mums and maybe a few more faux pumpkins (or Fumpkins as they're called).   I may take a trip to Lowes or Home Depot tomorrow.  So far I have my broom swag on the door and around the door frame is a garland of fall leaves and miniature gourds/pumpkins.  And my autumn door mat.  To the side of the door I placed my "Welcome" pumpkin with two free-standing scarecrows on either side of it.  In the corner is my little red wagon.  So far all that's in it is a piece of fall material I draped over it.  Next to the wagon is another free-standing scarecrow. Above the wagon, tied to the railing is my "Pumpkin Patch" sign.  I plan to fill the wagon with faux pumpkins, gourds and Indian corn. Around the base of the wagon I am going to scatter lots of silk leaves and place a few mums around. 

I will show you pictures when it's all done.

1 comment:

jackfrosty said...

Looking forward to your pictures! Thanks for the link-that's a great site!