Monday, September 29, 2014

Fall Decorating

Over the weekend I finally got around to putting up my fall decor.  It's not all up however I got the main areas done...the diningroom and front door.

Here's the diningroom:







I wanted to do something different on the table as far as using a table runner.  I'm so tired of the regular cloth runners. At first I was just going to stack three baskets and fill them with pumpkins, gourds, faux leaves and grass but then I thought of the cost of putting that together (maybe next year). Then one day while browing on Pinterest I found an interesting table runner made out of felt, leaf-shape table mats.  It was so pretty and the pinner used mats from my favorite store, Dollar Tree.  Well when I got to Dollar Tree they were all gone.  So I thought, "There goes that idea."

Then this past Saturday I was in a Big Lots that was closing down and found glittered, felt table mats for $1.40 each.   I bought 5 and they look so nice on the table.  The pinner from Pinterest hot glued the ends together, but I decided not to do that in case I want to use them another way next year.

The first photo is the way I originally wanted to lay them out, but after sharing my choices with my girlfriends, it was decided the second photo was the better choice.





Then there's outside my front door,..









Wish my door was a different color.  I thought about adding garland around the door but I think it would be over-kill.  Also I feel like something is missing from the wagon.  Can't quite put my finger on it.

My livingroom is also done but I still have the totes in there as well as a bench that I need to take to the dumpster.  Hopefully by the weeks end I can show you that area.  I still have the bathroom and kitchen to finish then I can post pics of those rooms too.

No comments: