Friday, September 25, 2009

Week Four HGP - Master Bedroom

The year is quickly going by. Can you believe September is almost over and next week October begins? I've been working my little heart out getting ready for the holidays.

All week long I have been working on the Master Bedroom as part of the Holiday Grand Plan countdown.

[x]clean windows
[ ]set up electric candles in windows (Oct. 1st)
[x ]take down summer curtains wash and put away; put up new curtains
[x] vacuum carpet
[x] polish furniture
[x] wipe down baseboards
[x] organized closets
[x] put heavier linen on bed
[x] clear paper pile off bench at foot of bed
[x] throw out fireplace screen
[x] purchase fall-tone candles
[x] dry-clean faux mink throw blanket

Last week I purchased several panels found on sale at KMart. I hung them higher up on the wall, covering the entire width of the wall/windows. They are burgundy (looks like linen) and a little heavy which will help block out the cold. Then underneath those panels I hung gold sheers. Because I live in an apartment I'm not allowed to paint (Well I can but I'd have to change it back if I move, and I'm lazy so...).  Hanging the panels this way gives the look of a painted wall.

My bedroom looks so romantic. I look forward to coming home after work and walking into that room.

You know I had to add some touches of fall. I have autumn-tone candles displayed all around the room, faux leaf garland draped over the mantle and a little pumpkin on the dresser. I was thinking of draping leaf garland from the curtains, but I'm not sure. I don't want to go overboard and the rooms starts looking too busy. I'd never get any sleep LOL!

No comments: