Friday, October 10, 2008

It's Fall at the Office


Earlier this week I finally got a chance to decorate the board behind my desk. Fall is definitely here in merry ole' Maryland. The trees are really starting to change to beautiful colors. I think by next weekend they will be at their peek and I've already planned to have a fun-filled weekend. Next Saturday, I will pick up my nieces and nephews early in the morning and take them to breakfast. Then later that day I'm taking the younger ones to a birthday party and will treat the older ones to the movies at the nearby mall. Then we'll all get back together head home, order pizza or whatever they're in the mood for and watch movies. Sunday will be all mine! I hope the weather is nice as I would like to take a drive along the back winding roads to get a closer look at the pretty trees, see the horses, cows and buffalo graze in the grasses all while listening to some contemporary jazz. Yep I said buffalo. There's a man who actually has buffalo. One year they somehow escaped and were spotted on a nearby tennis court (imagine the mess they made). It made national news on the Today Show. I'll also stop and buy some fresh strawberries from the local farmer who sets up his truck on one of my favorite roads to travel. Then I'll stop for some icecream, head home and have dinner, the just relax the rest of the evening.

This Sunday is my Harvest Breakfast. I'm very excited. So Saturday, before I go to work at my parttime job, I will go to the grocery store to pick up all the ingredients. After work I'll go home and start prepping - peel and cut potatoes, wash fruit, set the table, etc. I can't wait to see everyone. Now that I think of it I haven't seen or talked to anyone in weeks. I guess everyone's been busy - including me. I picked a good weekend to have this breakfast. The day is expected to be beautiful and we're off Monday for Columbus Day so we can hang out all day. I know someone's going to suggest that we go someplace after breakfast which will keep me out til the middle of the night.

3 comments:

The Old Parsonage said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Have fun!!!

BloggyMom said...

Love the bulletin board!

BloggyMom said...

Happy Great Pumpkin Day!