Thursday, October 2, 2008

Update on Fall Prep

I'm still cleaning for the Holiday Grand Plan. This week is the bathroom. My bathroom is small but boy was it a chore. It really looks good now. Last week was the master bedroom. I only managed to finish 3/4th of things on my list for this area but it looks pretty neat. I'll go back to this room during one of my free weeks. Right now I'm more concerned about getting the main areas finished.

My potted mums - well one in particular - doesn't seem to be doing so well. I have two of them on my balcony. The yellow one is blooming beautifully while the orange/red one looks as if it's drying up. I was wondering if it was due to the weather. It's nice and warm during the day but it gets really chilly at night. They are outdoor plants so they should be used to the change in temperatures, right!? I hope it gets better.

Moving on, my apartment is nearly overflowing with fall decor. Later this month MHH members will participate in a Fall tour of homes. The date is set for October 16th. I still have to do the guest room, dining room, and kitchen but I'll be ready. I have my curtains hung in the living room and they look great. They really add color and warmth to the room. I'll post pictures here on the 15th.

This weekend I'm going to my best friend's house as she and her husband will start putting up their Halloween decorations outside. I'm just as excited as they are. I can't wait to see what all they have. This is also the second week of the Halloween Countdown. I need to check with her to see what progress she's made. Plus I need to get ready for my Harvest Breakfast. So much to do.

No comments: