Monday, November 25, 2013

It's Almost Thanksgiving!


In three days it will be Thanksgiving.  Are you excited?  I sure am.

Originally it was only going to be my brother, his wife and kids and my parents all at my house.  However the guest list has expanded a little.  I have a couple cousins and their kids coming.  Also my brother's older daughter and son are coming along with their kids.  Should be really fun.  I love being around my family.

My brother brought me two huge turkeys and two spiral hams last week.  I'm sure he will be taking one of those turkeys home Thanksgiving night lol.  My mom called me today and said she will do the macaroni and cheese and some other dish.  I love her mac & cheese.

Other items on the menu include:

crab stuffing
gravy
collard/kale greens
sauerkraut
sweet potatoes
mashed potatoes
potato salad
fresh baked rolls
cranberry sauce
ranch style wingettes
deviled eggs

And for dessert:

sweet potato pie
apple pie
pineapple upside down cake

You may be wondering why three different types of potatoes?  Well a couple family members love mashed potatoes with their turkey and gravy.  My brother and I love potato salad with our greens...a delicious combination.  If I remember right, my grandmother used to make both mashed potatoes and potato salad too.

Tomorrow I will finish tidying up the house and prep some of the dishes that can be made ahead of time.


No comments: