Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Taco Salad

Sunday I wasn't in the mood for any real cooking so I decided to make taco salads.  I found some Jalapeno flavored tortillas which really gave the salad a nice kick.  One day I was watching a food program (can't remember the show) and the cook showed a great way to make tortilla into salad bowls.  So here's what I did.

First take a tortilla and sprinkle with a little paprika.

Next, take a piece of aluminum foil and make into a ball. 



On a baking sheet, place the tortilla over the ball of foil. Set oven to 400 degrees and let bake for 10 minutes. 





While that's baking, I cooked my ground turkey in a skillet with onions, chili powder a little garlic salt and black pepper. Here's how my tortilla bowl turned out:


Once the meat was done, I loaded up the bowls with all our favorites:



I also like to add rice and refried beans but didn't have any in the house.


And here's the finished taco salad:





It was very good and didn't take long to make.  Mmm, mmm, good.

No comments: