Sunday, August 28, 2016

Freezer Meals

Hey there, it's me. Back with an update on what I've been up to since my last post.

For several weeks I have been whisking away in the kitchen, preparing meals and stuffing them in the freezer, and I have to say I am so proud of how much I've accomplished.  With fall just around the corner, and all the holidays coming up (Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas) I will be quite busy and won't have the time to plan out meals, much less cook.  Having everything prepped ahead saves me time, I get a warm, comfort meal and the big plus, I save money by not stopping at fast food restaurants.




As you can see my freezer is filled to capacity.

When I started, everything was nice and neat.  But as I added more it became a bit unorganized. Messy, I got everything in there. lol








So you're probably wondering what on earth all I have in there? Well let me tell you.
  • Cajun Lasagna
  • Chili
  • Pineapple Jerk Chicken
  • Fixings for Chicken Cheesesteak
  • Fixings for Chicken Gyros
  • Hamburgers
  • Fixings for hotdog sauce
  • Fixings for a Taco Ring
  • Shrimp egg rolls
  • Meatloaf
  • Salmon cakes
  • Crab Cakes
  • Meatballs
  • A 3 pound chicken
There's also 2lb bags of flounder and salmon fillets for recipes I am going to try.  Then I have a few bags of frozen vegetables such as corn, green beans, broccoli, and mixed vegetables.  A 5lb bag of wing parts. Three pounds of bacon for a couple of breakfast as well a dinner recipes. Several packs of beef hot dogs. A couple of sirloin steaks. Plus a bag of french fries and onion rings for when I make an onion ring cheeseburger (A recipe I found on Pinterest). I may make a pot of soup, once I clear out the freezer a little.  I'm not really a soup person but I did find a recipe I would like to try.  Oh and I would like to make chicken & dumplings. 

I just love trying new recipes.  Since I've been planning and cooking meals at home over the last few years, it has really opened my pallet to a lot of things I thought I didn't like .  For instance asparagus.  I even have my boyfriend eating it. I find myself making asparagus a quite lot.

Well that's all for now.  Can't wait to tell you about the pineapple jerk chicken I plan on having for dinner some time this week.  Til then, bye-bye!


2 comments:

Lucie said...

WTG Aggy! Ha you are ready for ANYTHING!

Aggy said...

Thanks Lucie. :)